Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How do I install the Volkswagen Beetle wiring cover?

I bought a wiring cover for my 1970 Volkswagen Beetle. The cover is a piece of plastic that installs across the rear of the trunk to protect the wires and the interior of the dash. There are two sets of metal tangs on top, but how do I use them to secure it if that is what they're used for and 2, how do I secure it to the floor of the trunk?|||I had a 1969 Beetle. I had to fabricate a little piece of flexible metal strapping to hold mine in place. It was firm enough to hold teh plastic up, yet allow it to be removed when I needed access to the electrical.


I also replaced the chrome VW hood emblem, so I took the old one and drilled some holes in my wire cover so that I could mount the old emblem. It looked cool!


Good Luck and Happy Buggin'!|||Try looking under each hood hinge. There should be a strap sticking up with a little stud pointing at you. There should be corresponding holes along the bottom edge of the cover. Originally they were secured with neureled barrel nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment