Saturday, November 19, 2011

Installing a audio system in a volkswagen rabbit?

I am looking into buying a 1986 Volkswagen Rabbit convertible, and I wanted to install a new stereo (at least the dash) as the ones that come with it don't generally play CDs or MP3. However, this is an old car (almost 25 years) and the stereos are new. Is there a particular reason that I wouldn't be able to do this? what are the limitations? what should I look out for here?|||you can do this...however I'd make sure your wiring is good...and also make sure that your battery and alternator on the car are fairly new as you don't want to put too much load on them. i'd watch out for the speakers as they are old...you'll probably want new ones otherwise they could mess up from the load of the new stereo....just go to a place like Hawk Electronics...they have done my cars for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment