Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why volkswagen very expensive for its class?

I know volkswagen is not lexus, Acura or BMW. But I test drove one and it is very expensive for what it is.|||I agree they are overpriced. I have a BMW and love it.|||I have driven/owned several makes of cars. Toyota, Honda, Ford and a Mazda or two.


Like you, I thought VW was expensive. Then a few years ago, my brother bought a GTI. He let me drive it.


Love at 1st drive! It took me a year to make the jump but I finally got one of my own. I have never regretted it. In fact , I now drive a 2006 GTI. These cars are bullet-proof. Of course I shopped around and compared others. It may seem VW is high, but when you compare value, 1st in class interior, and attention to detail, VW comes out a bargain.


Honestly, when I compared the 'bottom line' price of the GTI against the Honda and Mazda I was considering, they all were within just $100s different.


The GTI has proven to be a fantastic curve-hugging, rev-happy , durable car.


Oh, and dont believe the Myth that VW parts prices are higher than others. I had a headlite bulb go out. Called the VW dealer for price; $8. I was at Wal-mart and checked their price;$8. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the prices of bulbs for Toyota and Honda; all were $8 . This is just 1 example of many , so Ive done my homework and the Myth is Busted!


BTW , my 06 GTI only cost me $24k tax included. The least expensive BMW I looked at was $33k. I would have loved to get the BMW, but it was just not in my budget.|||I don't have the #s to give you, but you should see the union benefits they get in Germany. Spa's, massages etc. I work harder, get paid less and have to pay for my own benefits. If unions employees got paid like the rest of us the price would come down and people would buy more cars. No! During hard time all around the world they want to strike for more??? Go figure. And yes I own a 1996 BMW R1100GS bike. Damn good quality from them.|||While VWs can seem expensive they really are nice quality cars. They are extremely reliable and unlike a Lexus, Acura, Or Bmw they are extremely cheap to maintain.|||VW fancies themselves a "premium" brand. That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment