Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Volkswagen loan payments and their effect on interest?

Does anybody know if I pay more than the required monthly amount on my car loan with Volkswagen, will that raise the interest that I have to pay? Is there some kind of clause against paying extra, since the company will be missing out on some interest unless they raise it?





Thanks to anybody who knows anything about this stuff. Please don't answer if you're just guessing and don't actually know what you're talking about.|||I don't know what your loan contract states, but I have never heard of a higher interest rate for paying extra on a loan. In fact, what I have found to be standard on my car loans is that they will calculate the payments according to how I pay it, so if I or you pay sooner we can save a little interest and if we pay more, we can save a lot more interest.





Volkswagen, or whoever else is financing your car, might give up a little interest, but it is the ethical thing to do if you have paid more than they previously calculated you would pay each month and they are trading a little lost interest for a reduction in risk of having to repossess your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment