Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Will working as a tech for volkswagen give me a better shot at becoming a porsche tech?

I am about to get my associates degree in automotive technology (as an auto technician) and I really want to work for Porsche. However I realize it is hard to get a job with porsche with no exotic's experience would working for Volkswagen put me on the fast track to becoming a Porsche technician?|||What your best bet is, is to find out of the VW and the Porsche dealerships in your town are owned by the same person. If they are, then start out at the VW dealership and prove your a great worker, etc.


It's what a friend of mine did here. Although he actually started out at a Ford dealership, and the owner also owned the Porsche dealership in town. He made good friends with the owner and proved he was a hard worker, and the owner sent him for training for Porsche.


He now works there, and couldn't be happier.





Although the one thing he did say, is that if you mess up or are rude to customers there, you get sent back to the Ford dealership haha...





They only want the best tech's on staff working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment