Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Convert a Volkswagen Jetta from automatic to manual?

Yea so my parents are handing me down there old Jetta and its in great condition considering its about 8 years old. Only problem is that it's automatic and I really don't like driving automatic. How much do you think Volkswagen would charge me to have it changed to manual? Is it even possible?|||anything is possible, but that is highly improbable. The parts alone would run you over $1000 on top of the labor. And thats if the car comes from the factory with all the required tapped holes in the firewall for the pedals, master cylinder, along with the shift linkages. My advice would be to leave it alone. I was going to do this to my Eclipse I had, but once you realize how much time and money is involved, it just isnt worth it. If you want a manual real bad, just trade in the auto for one. No sense in butchering up a perfectly good car, Hope this helps, good luck to ya!|||It's way easier and cheaper to just sell it and buy a manual. I'm not saying it can't be done, but by the time your done with the conversion, you probably could have bought a new jetta|||yet it is possible. why do you want to convert this to standard most people would do the opposite. this will cost more than the car is worth. plus your wiring in the dash is not made for a standard you have to change sensors the main computer in the car under the dash. wiring hornesses. leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment