Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Is it easy to repair average mechanical problems in a 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle?

I'm shopping for my first car, and my dad wants me to get a car that he would be able to repair himself when minor mechanical issues occur. My dad is good with cars and he's basically saying that if I have to take my car to a shop every single time there are minor problems, he doesn't want me to get it. So my question is, are 2002 Volkswagen New Beetles capable of being self-repaired? Ten points to the best answer!|||The whole VW line is much easier to work on than Japanese cars, because the Japanese cars don't use consistent parts, suppliers, or designs. Japanese cars change constantly, and are designed with a short life span in mind.





In contrast, VW always uses consistent parts, so there are lots of 3rd party suppliers.





However, the Beetle is a little tight in the engine compartment.


If your father wants to work on it, I would suggest something like the Golf instead.


I think it is a little easier to get at things.





But all VWs are easily repaired by the owner.|||if your looking for a great car my daughter is selling hers low milage and vw convertiable 2.0 gas engine perfect car 2003 great price you will love it.

Report Abuse


|||an 02 beetle is fairly an easy car to work on (timing belt/water pump could be done in less than 3 hours). However, if you looking for a used car around 8 years old, i strongly recommend you go with a honda civic or toyota corolla. Their engine compartment are roomier, their parts are cheaper and overall they tend to be better. Older VW are notorious for oil leaks from their plastic hoses and some are pain in the neck to replace.|||Hi Nichole


get your self the free repairers manual from mauals online.com


you signup for free and download the manual for free


your dad can then look through the repair and sevicing manual and decide from ther


also you could get a subscription to a car sales site mag for about a pound one off and look it up in there


or what car magazine on line


or even try a google for it


but always always put the word free into your search words


kindest regards


Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment