Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How much does a new or used manual transmission for a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta cost?

I drive a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta with a manual transmission. I pulled to a stop light today and when i went to move forward the car wouldnt budge. I did everything to try and get it to move, and then to try and push it off the road, no luck.


The mechanic believes the synchro is broken and i may need a new transmission. How much would a new or used transmission for my vehicle cost me?|||VERY unlikely!!! More likely your shift cable or linkage is out of whack. Might even be clutch fluid contamination. I would be really surprised if you have a gear problem, unless th trans was run dry, without proper VW gear oil in it. If it IS the trans, try Parts Place for all Volkswagens in Pontiac, Mi. 1-248-373-2300. They will have perfectly good used and new units. Good Luck!!!|||Find a used one here


http://car-part.com

No comments:

Post a Comment