Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What do you think of the Volkswagen Jetta?

I am considering a 2008 Jetta for my next car. I want to get it before the Sign and Drive offer is over. I have never had a Volkswagen. Please share your experiences. Thanks!|||I am going to pick up several negative feedback on this one but I don't like it. I worked on both VW and Audi. Having worked on several other cars, I find them poorly designed. The only positive thing I can say is the cars use German parts. Very little problem with bolts breaking off during repair.





Many unreliable electronic parts are used and they just cause problem on high mileage cars. The in dash display looses pixels, and the ABS modulator goes out frequently. Ignition coils goes out randomly and the engine computer isn't smart enough to detect which one.





The timing belt service is twice as expensive than other cars because you have to take one side of the front bumper and swing it out of the way. This adds additional 2 - 3 hours of labor compare to other cars.





It is a nice car to drive. Its got that heavy Euro engineered feeling, but way too unrelable.|||good looking car, good reputation, german built, good for the money and great on gas! go for it!|||I currently have an '05 Jetta Wagon TDI. Absolutely LOVE it!! Because mine is a diesel, it's gonna get fuel mileage in the 40's at least. Best I have had was 51mpg on a long road trip. Thing about having a VW is people seem to either love 'em or hate 'em. Will my next car be a Jetta? Most definitely!!|||I have a 2007 VW Rabbit and let me tell you it's by far the best car ever great power and all good looks the Jetta has the same 2.5 5 cylinder engine as the Rabbit so they have the same power on the plus side of the jetta you have more space and all that i put a good source of info down there that's WWW.VWROC.COM sister site for Jettas hope you do go and buy that VW anything else just send me an email|||I've been in quite a few, but I don't own one and I must say they have a great feel when you get in the car. Your body just feels comfortably secure and ready to get moving.|||my dad has a 2005 Jetta (new style), and I have an 06 GTI MkV. They are both great cars. My dad has the value edition, and it is still very nice, being that its only option is the auto trans. My car is the BEST!!! very quick, and comfortable, etc. etc. I would definately recommend one!|||Great Cars, Reliable, good looking, great gas mileage, and easy to maintain.|||Volkwagaon R freat cars!!!~





Jetta's r awsome espicially the new 08' model with a 2.7t itS GORGOUS~~





Germans know how to buld~





I have a 02'' VW passat W8 4.2 l~


VEry fast car and i love it!!!!





You should consider Mercedes C class





Or Volswagon passat's~~





Look around remmber!~





Your friend FUZZ~~~|||Wait until 2009 and get the new Diesel Jetta|||I've looked at them, I think the fit and finish on VW's is better than most on the market. I have talked to many people and not many people who own vw's regret owning them. Good luck.





+'s they look sweet, ride even better, good gas milage


-'s electrical gremlins, and they are more expensive to fix than other cars

No comments:

Post a Comment